Xingtera provides solutions to re-use existing underground mining cables (e.g. coaxial cable or twisted-pair wire) in order to enable reliable high-speed multi-node IP networks, for data, voice, video, and Ethernet data traffic throughout the whole mine.
With the ever-increasing demand for IP networks in all underground mining sites, traditional communication solutions are experiencing all sorts of issues.
- Fiber optics provide the longest distance and data rate, yet they are very fragile thus unfit for the underground environment.
- Ethernet cables are most common, however they can usually only achieve 100 meters of point-to-point communication. For large scale data networks, it’s always a challenge to install enough Ethernet cables as well as industrial switches. Furthermore, the cost could get very high when the scale picks up.
- Wireless solutions are the most convenient of all. Unfortunately, in order to implement reliable wireless coverage, multiple access points (AP) or base stations must be established first, with a wired backhaul network to connect all points with the main router or gateway above ground.
Because of all these challenged faced by traditional networking solutions, Xingtera’s wired communication solution provides a helpful alternative for reliable underground mining multi-node networking. Based on Xingtera’s own chipsets and modules, up to 1,000 nodes can be connected together using coax or twisted-pair cables. The maximum distance between any two nodes can be as high as 2KM (coax) or 800M (twisted-pair). The aggregate data rate can be as high as 1.7Gbps depending on multiple conditions. Furthermore, it is possible to use the same copper wire to provide DC power and IP data traffic at the same time.
Xingtera’s underground mining wired communication solutions have already been deployed in many mines globally. We are willing to work with our customers to provide unique and customized solutions to better address each one’s own requirements.
- MOD923 modules for 100Mbps underground mining network
- MOD927 modules for 1,000-node underground mining network
- Wired communication or PLC chipsets and modules available
- Long transmission distance up to 800 meters (twisted-pair) or 2,000 meters (coax)
- Enabling Ethernet and UART traffic simultaneously
- Enabling IP-based two-way and group voice communication
- No need for underground industrial switches
- Support of multi-node cascade up to ten “hops”
- Support up to 1,000 nodes in a single network
- Excellent EMC characteristic, insensitive to electromagnetic interference, optimized for underground mining network
Underground Mining Network over Coax or Twisted-Pair Solution – Application Examples: