Xingtera offers G.hn and high-speed wired communication chipsets, modules, and solutions for IP intercom networks or access control networks over twisted-pair, cat-5, 2-wire, DC power-line, UTP, STP, or other copper cables.
For IP intercom, IP building access control systems, IP nurse call systems, or similar voice and video communication systems, there is always a strong requirement for a stable and multi-node network. For legacy systems, analog or low-speed digital (such as serial) cables are used to connect different terminals together. However, for modern systems, the IP network has shown huge advantages and is therefore mandatory.
For IP-based data networks, common setup involves several Ethernet switches and many point-to-point Ethernet cables. However such deployment would face the difficulties of higher hardware cost (for Ethernet switches and longer Ethernet cables), and higher labor cost (for installation of devices and hardware). Alternatively, the Xingtera solution can use a single wire (twisted-pair, coax, or even DC power-line) to cover up to 1,000 nodes with up to 100Mbps of aggregate data rate. The deployment of such systems would reduce system-level cost and labor costs by a large portion.
Based on advanced G.hn and high-speed wired communication technologies, Xingtera solution enables high-speed multi-node IP network on a single twisted-pair cable (or other metal wires), effectively enabling a simple networking solution for building or other intercom systems. Multi-node mesh Ethernet network can be established across floors in buildings, and Xingtera offers 100/1,000/2,000Mbps wired communication options. Depending on cable parameters, the wired communication solution can reach up to 1,000 meters of twisted-pair cables, much longer than Ethernet’s reach. It also provides a flexible selection of interfaces including Ethernet (RJ-45), RS-232/RS-485, general UART/serial ports, MODBUS, and GPIOs.
Wired Communication Applications:
- Building IP intercom networking over twisted-pair, cat-5, 2-wire, DC power-line, UTP, STP, or other copper cables
- General-purpose Ethernet-based intercom networking over twisted-pair, cat-5, 2-wire, DC power-line, UTP, STP, or other copper cables
- IP access control system reusing twisted-pair, cat-5, 2-wire, DC power-line, UTP, STP, or other copper cables
- IP nurse call system reusing twisted-pair, cat-5, 2-wire, DC power-line, UTP, STP, or other copper cables
Wired Communication Features:
- Xingtera technologies support up to 1,000 nodes or terminals within a single power-line or twisted-pair network
- 100M/1,000M/2,000M data rate options available
- Support interfaces of Ethernet (RJ-45), RS-232/RS-485, general UART/serial ports, MODBUS, and GPIOs
- Automated network setup with multi-hop functionality
- MOD923 wired communication module for high-speed Ethernet over any wire
- MOD958 G.hn module for ultra-high-speed multi-interface network over any wire
Learn more about Xingtera’s module products.