MOD958 is an ultra-high-speed (2000Mbps) G.hn module (Ghn module), based on Xingtera’s XT1910/XT130 G.hn communication chipset. The module is fully compliant with ITU-T G.hn (Ghn) standards (G.9960/G.9961/G.9962/G.9963/G.9964). It can be integrated easily for Ethernet over coax or Ethernet over twisted-pair applications.
The MOD958 module supports coax cables (video coax or RF coax), twisted-pair cables (CAT3/5/5e), or phone lines. The module is designed for the best performance (up to 1.7Gbps throughput) in different environments and different media.
The MOD958 module provides a 100/1000M Ethernet interface. The size of the module is 25*45mm.
The bi-directional performance of MOD958 is illustrated in the figure below. For point-to-point applications, the MOD958 module can support uni-directional data rate of 1Gbps (capped by Ethernet port capability) when attenuation is lower than 45dB. For multi-point applications, the aggregate data rate can be shared among all concurrent data streams with very little overhead. The module supports up to 8 nodes in a single domain based on the same coax or twisted-pair cable.
MOD958 G.hn Module Applications
The MOD958 G.hn module can be easily integrated for a large number of applications requiring ultra-high-speed Ethernet over copper cables. The module is designed to enable fast-to-market integration to customer products or units. Xingtera wired communication modules have been deployed all over the world with field-proven stability and performance.
- Security surveillance networks or analog to IP camera upgrade (over coax)
- Ultra-high-speed home networks over coax or phoneline
- Ultra-high-speed access networks over coax or phoneline
- Visual light communication (VLC) baseband unit
- Commercial or industrial IoT connectivity
- Ethernet extension over coax or twisted-pair (UTP)
MOD958 G.hn Module Specifications
- Based on Xingtera’s XT1910/XT130 chipset
- 2-200MHz OFDM frequency range
- Fully compliant with ITU-T G.hn (Ghn) standards
- Maximum PHY rate: 2000Mbps
- 128-bit AES encryption
- Plug-and-play with automatic domain master selection
- Up to 8 nodes in a domain
- 16 level QoS
- One 100/1000M Ethernet
- Low power consumption (Operational<2.3W / standby<1.3W)
- Work temperature: -20~65°
- Only one 5V power supply required
- Dimension: 25 * 45 mm