The G.hn Power-Line Communication (PLC) + Mesh WiFi Adapter supports high-speed (2Gbps PHY rate) power-line communication to enable Ethernet coverage throughout the house. With simple plug-and-play installation, the adapters can provide seamless multi-point WiFi coverage using any power outlet.
Common mesh WiFi devices use 5GHz wireless channels for Internet backhaul (networking between slave APs and gateway or access point). However, wireless backhaul channel performance degrades rapidly when there are walls or floors/ceilings between AP and gateway. Therefore, even with multiple APs across the rooms, user experience is still not optimized even the signal strength seems good on WiFi client devices (cell phones, tablets, etc).
Meanwhile, G.hn technologies use existing wires to convey network signals. Power-lines, phone lines, or coax cables are already installed throughout the house, and therefore the signals will not be affected by walls or floors. In addition, Xingtera’s G.hn PLC solutions support MIMO technology, which uses 2 PLC channels via live/neutral and ground wires. Because the ground wire is generally cleaner, the MIMO technology provides even better performance and stability for power-line communication.
The G.hn + WiFi Adapter has built-in Quality of Service (QoS) and high-speed data transmission rate up to 1,000Mbps. It provides robust and high-quality network connectivity for multimedia display on IPTV, HDTV, SDTV, and other digital network applications. Each adapter has 128-bit AES-CCM security with pair-wise keying support. The system can be used to connect any mobile phones, tablets, laptops, or PCs by Ethernet or WiFi.
G.hn Power-Line Communication (PLC) + Mesh WiFi Adapter Features
- 802.11 n/ac dual-band (2.4/5GHz) Mesh WiFi APs
- Integrated Quality of Services (QoS) Bandwidth management allows more reliable Triple play network applications
- Multi-channel HDTV and SDTV broadcast over the Internet
- Compliance with IEEE802.3 10BASE-T, IEEE802.3u 100BASE-TX, ITU-T International standards
- 128-bit AES-CCM security with pair-wise keying support
- Convenient network monitoring and application domain segmentation
- Web based management interface
- Easy plug and play devices
- Optional support of TR-069/TR-181/STUN/XMPP for easy telecom remote management
To learn more about Xingtera products and applications, please send email to Sales.World@xingtera.com.