Merryvale G.hn PLC module is a reference design for Xingtera’s XT1200 G.hn chipset. Merryvale supports ITU-T compliant 25MHz, 50MHz and 100MHz bandplans for power line media. This integrated device combines all the functions of G.hn PHY compliant to G.9960 & G.hn MAC compliant to G.9961 specifications. Furthermore, it supports G.cx (G.9972) / ISP (Inter-System Protocol) to co-exist with other powerline devices based on PLC technology.
It works under the following conditions:
• 110 – 240V AC power voltage range
• 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet on RJ45 with auto-negotiation.
• Pairing button and factory reset button
- Work in the real powerline environment
- G.hn G.9960/9961 compliant
- Single-Ethernet port to powerline: 25MHz, 50MHz, or 100MHz bandplan
- Wideband OFDM modem with 2-25MHz, 2-50MHz, or 2-100MHz BW for power line media and 2-50MHz or 2-100MHz coax media
- State-of-the-art LDPC error correction algorithm with FEC rate of ½, 2/3, 5/6, 16/18, and 20/21 supported
- Large dynamic range with robust AGC
- QoS support with four priority queues
- 128-bit AES-CCM security with pair-wise keying support
- Dynamically adaptive modulations for each subcarrier based on the event-driven channel estimate protocol defined in G.9961
- PHY layer retransmission to overcome instantaneous impulse noises and guarantee delivery
- Support network topology up to 8 nodes.
- Push-button mechanism for network setup and pairing.
- Domain master: dynamic topology detection and routing; remote management capability.
- Low power consumption. Total power consumption of the Merryvale module is sub-3.5W in active operating mode.